Freddie Mac has announced mortgage rates hitting under 5% this past week. Low mortgage rates could be good news for DeLand home buyers when coupled with low home prices created by short sale and bank owned inventory currently for sale.
With nearly 700 homes for sale in and around DeLand, home buyers should have no trouble finding the right home and the best price.
Give me a call to discuss a mortgage program suitable for you and to schedule a time to view available homes in the DeLand area.
The following list provides the date, time, opponent and location of the 2010 DeLand High School fooball season. You can verify the schedule by visiting here.
- Friday | 8/27/10 | 7:00 PM | ST. Augustine Nease | Spec Martin Stadium
- Friday | 9/3/10 | 7:00 PM | Wekiva High School | Spec Martin Stadium
- Friday | 9/10/10 | 7:00 PM | @ Flagler Palm Coast | Flagler High School
- Friday | 9/17/10 | 7:00 PM | @ Seabreeze High School | Daytona Municipal Stadium
- Friday | 9/24/10 | 7:00 PM | Spruce Creek High School | Spec Martin Stadium
- Friday | 10/1/10 | 7:00 PM | Seminole High School | Spec Martin Stadium
- Friday | 10/8/10 | 7:00 PM | Pine Ridge High School | Spec Martin Stadium
- Friday | 10/15/10 | 7:00 PM | @ New Smyrna High School | New Smyrna Sports Complex
- Friday | 10/22/10 | 7:00 PM | @ Deltona High School | Deltona High School
- Friday | 10/29/10 | 7:00 PM | Lake Brantley High School | Spec Martin Stadium
- Friday | 11/5/10 | 7:00 PM | Mainland High School | Spec Martin Stadium
Date: Saturday, June 19, 2010
Time: 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Location: West Indiana Avenue, Downtown DeLand, FL
The MainStreet DeLand Association celebrate is holding a block party! Enjoy music, kids’ games, birthday cake, a classic car show, shopping & dining.
Home sales increased in May over the same time period last year in DeLand. The MLS reports 70 homes selling during May, 2010 compared to 48 in May, 2009. This is good news for the DeLand real estate market and is no doubt a result of low list prices, low interest rates and the home buyer tax credit that ended on April 30th.
Terrie White of Watson Realty Corp., DeLand is offering this 4 bedroom, 2 bath home. The home has been well maintained. Features include an open floor plan, solid oak wood cabinets, double sinks, a cooking island, plant shelves, formal dining area and a breakfast nook.
The home was built in 2007 and is priced at $159,900. Please feel free to call Terrie @ 386-956-9110.
A press release from Progress Energy announced that it will be assisting low-income neighborhood families save money on their energy bills. Progress Energy is installing energy-efficient improvements in more than 630 homes. Full press release Continue reading Progress Energy is installing energy-efficient improvements in DeLand
The DeLand Martin Luther King Jr. Parade will be held on Monday, January 18, 2010 at 9:45 a to 11:45 am according to information released on DeLand.org. The parade route will begin at Stetson University and will run down Woodland Blvd. to the Chisholm Center. You can call 386-943-7029 for more information.
As 2010 begins there are over 60 foreclosures for sale as of this post in DeLand. These homes have been foreclosed on and are now bank owned also referred to as REO properties. They range in price from a low of just under $30,000 to a high of over $500,000!
Scattered throughout DeLand these homes offer a great opportunity for investors and home buyers simply looking for a good home at a good price. Last year 150 homes that were foreclosed on sold in DeLand. These types of listings will often receive multiple offers and include bank addendum that you need to be aware of. Call me to not only receive a list of available homes but to also schedule a time to view the ones that you are interested in.
Happy New Year! Last night I welcomed the New Year with my granddaughters. To be honest my young ladies actually made it to 9pm. Just before bed the girls enjoyed chocolate cake and we went outside and lit sparklers for the girls to play with. Last night will be remembered as one of the best New Years eve celebrations I have enjoyed. Sounds of bottle rockets and firecrackers could be heard throughout the neighborhood as everyone excitedly anticipated the end of 2009 and the beginning of 2010.
Happy new Year DeLand!
Short sales are being used throughout the country by home owners who are faced with a distressed situation where they are unable to afford their home and because they owe more on their mortgage than the home is worth they are unable to sell the home for enough to pay off the mortgage along with the additional costs involved with selling a home.
What should a DeLand homeowner consider before short selling their home?
- If you would stay in the home if the payments were affordable, contact your lender about a loan modification.
- According to FICO, short selling your home impacts your credit score similar to a foreclosure however a foreclosure increases the time you will have to wait before obtaining a mortgage on another home.
If you are facing a tough situation and would like to talk about the short sale process give me a call. I can refer a top short sale real estate professional to you that will explain the process so that you are able to make an informed decision.