On Saturday a car driving north on Stone ran off the road taking out the fire hydrant at the corner of Stone and Pennsylvania before plowing through one of my neighbor’s fences and into their backyard tree. According to the neighbor the driver and passenger were not seriously hurt.
I have spent many an evening walking around this park and calculate the distance to be ½ mile +/-.
It is a great way for area residents to exercise without having to join a local gym.
The Park is named after a local historian and is located just north of New York at the corner of Stone and Wisconsin Streets.
The park offers many other features for young and old including a butterfly park, shelter houses and a childrens playground area.
The Bill Dreggors Park is just one of many reasons why those who live in DeLand, love and treasure it so.
The following list provides the date, time, opponent and location of the 2010 DeLand High School fooball season. You can verify the schedule by visiting here.
- Friday | 8/27/10 | 7:00 PM | ST. Augustine Nease | Spec Martin Stadium
- Friday | 9/3/10 | 7:00 PM | Wekiva High School | Spec Martin Stadium
- Friday | 9/10/10 | 7:00 PM | @ Flagler Palm Coast | Flagler High School
- Friday | 9/17/10 | 7:00 PM | @ Seabreeze High School | Daytona Municipal Stadium
- Friday | 9/24/10 | 7:00 PM | Spruce Creek High School | Spec Martin Stadium
- Friday | 10/1/10 | 7:00 PM | Seminole High School | Spec Martin Stadium
- Friday | 10/8/10 | 7:00 PM | Pine Ridge High School | Spec Martin Stadium
- Friday | 10/15/10 | 7:00 PM | @ New Smyrna High School | New Smyrna Sports Complex
- Friday | 10/22/10 | 7:00 PM | @ Deltona High School | Deltona High School
- Friday | 10/29/10 | 7:00 PM | Lake Brantley High School | Spec Martin Stadium
- Friday | 11/5/10 | 7:00 PM | Mainland High School | Spec Martin Stadium
Date: Saturday, June 19, 2010
Time: 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Location: West Indiana Avenue, Downtown DeLand, FL
The MainStreet DeLand Association celebrate is holding a block party! Enjoy music, kids’ games, birthday cake, a classic car show, shopping & dining.
The DeLand Martin Luther King Jr. Parade will be held on Monday, January 18, 2010 at 9:45 a to 11:45 am according to information released on DeLand.org. The parade route will begin at Stetson University and will run down Woodland Blvd. to the Chisholm Center. You can call 386-943-7029 for more information.
The DeLand high school homecoming parade will be on October 9th from 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. The parade will run from Plymouth to Euclid on Woodland Blvd.
This year I plan on attending the Volusia County Fair. The fairgrounds is in DeLand just east of the city. I checked on the dates for the fair this year and discovered the fair will be held on November 5th -15th.
Being from midwest attending the county fair was an every year event. Cotton candy, games, pinapple whip ice cream and harness racing were a big part of the fair I attended in my home town. I am looking for re-starting the tradition of attending a county fair.
Here is the Volusia County Fair website.
DeLand High School Football Schedule
Remember when all you could do at a library was read a book? Well this is not your father’s library!
The DeLand library will be offering Wii sports, including bowling,for adults from 1 – 2:30 p.m. on Tuesdays, Sept. 15 and 29.
For teens gaming events will begin at 5 p.m. Thursdays, Sept. 3 and 17.
And then on Sept. 24 from 5 – 6:30 p.m. adult and teen players have a chance to play a variety of Wii and Playstation games, including Wii Sports, Mario Cart and Dance Dance Revolution.
For more information, please call (386) 822-6430 and ask for Susan Fichter at ext. 109 or Paul Giovanetti at ext. 112.
The first day of school for students in DeLand is August 24, 2009. View the Volusia County school calendar.